Wednesday 28 October 2015

New Handout: Calcium and the Dietary Guidelines

 Hi Usman!
 
I'm back, and this time I have a new post about the Dietary Guidelines for Americans for you! 
 
Are you waiting with bated breath for the 2015 edition? I know I am! While we wait, I thought we could revisit a few of the key topics that the Dietary Guidelines address. I figure that the nutrients of concern are as good a place to start as any.
 
As you already know, the Dietary Guidelines has put 4 nutrients in the spotlight: calcium, dietary fiber, potassium, and vitamin D. Most Americans don't get nearly enough of any of them. Help change those stats for your clients with this new Dietary Guidelines series about the nutrients of concern. Today's post, Calcium and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, is the first installment. It covers what the nutrient is, where to get it, its role in good health, and the dangers of not getting enough of it. There's even a new handout and everything!
 
I hope you like it!
 
Judy Doherty, PC II
Chef, Publisher, and Founder
Food and Health Communications, Inc.
 
PS: Have you seen the Nutrition Nuggets for this week? I think they're especially nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment