Tuesday 10 June 2014

About Bipolar Disorder: About Bipolar is Alive and Well

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms/Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping/Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder

Many of you contacted me after last week's newsletter thinking that the discontinuation of blogs meant the discontinuation of About Bipolar Disorder. My apologies for not being as clear as I could have been! It looks like some readers of this newsletter believed that my blogs made up the whole site. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you visit my home page you'll always see the freshest content, and if you explore the tabs across the top - Symptoms and Diagnosis, Treatment, and Coping and Support - you'll find tons of information on all aspects of this illness.

And in this newsletter I'm featuring some content you may not know is there, along with material folks have found especially useful down through the 16 years I've been working at About Bipolar Disorder.

My Bipolar Journal
I was diagnosed in April 1999, and wrote an article that day expressing my shock. From then until late in 2008 I kept my readers up to date on my progress through moods, meds and significant life changes. (At that time, policy changes at About.com required me to stop keeping the online journal.) Journey with me through nine years of struggle, successes and learning.

Bipolar for Beginners

Straightforward, easy to understand information about bipolar disorder for beginners who have just been diagnosed, people who have learned that a friend or loved one has bipolar, or anyone wanting to learn more about the illness many still call manic depression.


Common Signs and Symptoms of Bipolar
Behaviors and symptoms that are warning signs of bipolar disorder in adults and children. Also: information on diagnosing bipolar disorder and treatment options for people with bipolar.

10 Things NOT to Say!
People say the most infuriating things to those who have bipolar. Here are 10 common comments that are never helpful and are almost guaranteed to annoy.
Search Related Topics:  stigma  family support  what not to say


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Pseudobulbar Affect Can Mimic Depression
Lists and Types of Depression Medications
Religious Factors in Bipolar Disorder
5 Bad Reasons Not to Take Medications
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Sign-up for Shareables!
An every-morning rundown of the day in history, headlines and trends produced by your pals at About.com. Please sign up it's free (of course), we think you will like it!



Want More From About.com
Check out our social page tailored to your interest!




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters sent from About.com, please send an email to optout@about.com with "Unsubscribe" as the subject line.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar Symptoms
Diagnosing Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment