Friday 16 August 2013

About Today: How to Say Goodbye

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Bob Schulties, your About Today Editor
One never knows when they will have to say goodbye. Life changes, people come in and out of your life, and before you know it, they're gone. And then what can you do? So before it's too late, I want to say to all of you who have taken the time to read, maybe even laughed, and especially those who took the time to write in: thanks.

How to Say Goodbye
Now, this is job-related. So it might be traumatic (you got sacked) or be what you were aiming for (you got your dream job!). Either way, it can be traumatic for you and the work folk you were friendly with. Here's how to not burst into tears because you're getting married and moving to the city and getting two cats. I mean, it'll be OK.

Ending a Friendship
I've been really lucky. I've never had to break up with any of my friends. All of my friends broke up with me, so I didn't have... Wait a minute. Sigh.

Putting a Pet Down
My friend Bill recently put down his dog. Rudy was the world's biggest basset hound. He was also the friendliest. Bill told me that he doesn't think he could ever be as close to another dog as he was with Rudy. Farewell, Rudy. You were a good woofer dog.
Search Related Topics:  pet euthanasia  pet loss  pet death

Saying Goodbye to Grandma
I never got to say goodbye to my grandmother. In fact, I can barely remember it (it was 1975 and I was a wee lad). I must have had questions, but I can't recall any. Man, this newsletter is a bummer.
Search Related Topics:  family crises  emotional issues  stages of grief

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
5 Common Acids Found in the Home
7 Timeless '70s Trends
Greek Bonds: What Investors Need to Know
15 Unique Jobs
What About Using Electronic Cigarette to Quit Smoking?
Where a Likely 2016 Presidential Candidate Stands

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment